As much as I love Starbucks Iced Chai Tea Latte, my bank account doesn’t doesn’t feel the same way. With one of my favorite drinks being over $4, it is hard to justify getting one everyday in between work and class. Thankfully, I have found one of my favorite, quick and easy recipes for a chai tea latte that you can take with you on-the-go or at home during a binge watch of The Walking Dead 🙂
For a low calorie drink, substitute regular milk for unsweetened almond or cashew milk! Also, if you are wanting a strong chai taste, add two tea bags instead of one!
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk
- honey to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Stevia
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Steep your tea for 5 to 10 minutes in the water in a mug.
- Put the tea in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until cold.
- In a glass, add your milk, honey, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add your tea to the mixture and mix or shake until well blended.
- Pour over iced and enjoy!