- Plan ahead
- Don’t wait until the last minute to turn in any essays you may have or wait until the day before to see if you have all the stuff you need to study. If you plan ahead, you will feel much better and you won’t be as stressed!
- Set aside time for studying
- It’s so easy to tell yourself that you will study “when you get home”, but you end up doing everything but. Sometimes, it’s easier to just go to the library or your favorite quiet place to specifically focus on studying.
- Go to class and review sessions
- I’ve found that going to review sessions is almost as important as studying by myself. Usually, the teacher will review stuff you never even remembered covering and they sometimes give you important information that will be on the test (like answers). This will also help to reinforce what you have been reviewing.
- Get enough sleep and eat healthy
- DO NOT EAT DONUTS EVERY DAY BEFORE YOUR TEST. But seriously, it is important to eat healthy and to get enough sleep. Don’t try and pull an all nighter because you procrastinated. Your brain needs energy and if you don’t get adequate sleep, you won’t function as well and your grade will suffer, as well.
- Be confident!
- If you are confident going into a test, you are more likely to do better. Stay calm. If you don’t know an answer, skip it and come back to it. It may come back to you later during the test.
Good luck on your finals and I hope these tips helped! Xo Mackenzie